Monday 10 February 2014

Summer comes early on THE GINGERBEARDMEN new single

Make Way For THE GINGERBEARDMEN



Last year i discovered a talented young Quirky- Electro duo from Glasgow who like myself  love House / Electronic and Rock music, luckily you can find all three of these styles in GingerBeardMen 's music with their bass- heavy / bouncy and uplifting beats. Listening to them you would think it's just a couple of tech - wizard producers playing around in the studio, you might be right, but recently i caught them live. Here's my report:

Nice ' N 'Sleazy's - Glasgow 



 Electro wizard duo G.B.M take us to new levels with a Beastie Boys style rap intro, David Williams frantically bobs back and forth along with his bass heavy groove; like Mr Ozio's: Flat Eric wired up to a super strength can of red bull. No ginger beard on fellow member Blair Stuart but a very Scottish ginger mane on Williams. Blair is flying back n forth between live drums, key's and rapping into the mic.
The lad's tell me before 'We like to make music for a Saturday night '  well I’m in Nice n Sleazy's on a Saturday night..perfect!


( Mr Ozio - Flat Beat Official Video ) 

They drop their cool mix of a Tiga tune Trust your body which they made recently before introducing their new vocal tune ( feat Beccy Atherton ) Razor Avail which has a cool sun drenched Balearic feel and is very vocal - Trance like; Blair tells me later they love all styles. This tune will be on their upcoming E.P Prehistoric Beard which their working hard on with the help of the perfectionist Rob Etherson from Glasgow electronic outfit Mia Dora https://soundcloud.com/mia-dora

Blair askes “Who likes a bit of nasty bass? “ We do! I'm finding it impossible not to get down with the groove feeling the beats reverberating through out the amps. Next up it's the minimal melodic beats of Steggasaur which I absolutely love ( check out the hilarious but cool video ) Williams plays live bass along with the tune while Stuart is back on the live percussion. The lads told me they like to create a more live Rock edged vibe to their set, shunning the seamless D.J style. Gnarly has a fun and playful touch with a Missy Elliott Get your freak on sample. Blair takes control of the mic and does a Dale Winton camp style rap , very funny. The crowd are up for it, so am I, so much so that when Blair jumps down to dance in front of us ( On set closer Get down to the drums )  I join in for a bit of dad dancing. 

Witnessing their live show: It's just two guys who don't take themselves seriously and are obviously having fun but on record are striving to produce quality tunes which could be heard out from a festival tent or being dropped by a club D.J (with taste) on a sweaty dance floor, possibly Ibiza.

So there you have it, one to stick on your must see upcoming Glasgow band's. I'll be definitely hoping to catch the lads live again this year.



I'll be keeping a close ear on the upcoming beats from this duo ( hopefully review their E.P )  but don't think I’ll be growing a beard any time soon to show my love.

 The Producers recently Remixed one of my favorite Electro artists Elbi with her Soulful House Outfit Mooney Mooney Brooklyn https://soundcloud.com/gingerbeardmen/mooney-mooney-brooklyn-hungry


Their also just about to release a cracking new tune I Believe It ( Recently known as Razor Avail ) ft Beccy Artherton. I'm a sucker for blissful sun drenched beats and this tune certainly top's my list so far of : Summer Soundtrack.

GINGERBEARDMEN : I Believe It  ( Single Review )


Beginning with a uplifting Electronic keys melody it takes this reviewer away to an Ibizian beach, picturing the D.J dropping this tune just as the sun is on it's decent beyond the Mediterranean Sea. Infectious Trance like vocals float in from Beccy Atherton, the crowd raise their hand's in the air all singing along, all smiles beaming from their slightly sun burned faces, the beat drops and the crowded beach go wild. 

Perfect warm up music for a summer's night and if they can get a top D.J mix behind it ( Mia Dora anyone? ) then we could possibly be hearing this being played out everywhere this Summer. I imagine it'll come with a warning : This tune could seriously make your Day. 


( Check out the Brand New Video for I Believe It )


Go stick them beers in the fridge people, summers come early.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Scottlish Sounds. As soon as I review your comment I will add it to the Blog.

Kind Regards

Malc